Before You Begin
Thank you for your interest in Stetson Baptist Christian School. If you are interested in enrolling your child please follow these steps:
- Call us (or stop by) to set up a time to tour our school.
- Schedule a time to take the admissions test (Kindergarten through grade 8). At the time of testing the $100 non-refundable testing fee will be due.
- After a review of the admissions test is complete you will be notified regarding the results of the admissions test. At that time you will schedule a time to interview with Mr. Lowry, our School Administrator.
- Once you have received the results of the admissions test, complete the online enrollment by clicking on the “Enroll Now” link here on our website. Here you will complete the Cooperation Agreement and Student Registration online forms; as well as creating your Gradelink account.
- Pay the non-refundable Enrollment Fee ($300 if enrolling after two weeks of the admission testing; $150 if paid within two weeks of testing). You will have the option to pay online upon submitting the Gradelink enrollment, or pay in our school office.
Documents to include for enrollment (these can be dropped off at school office or uploaded into Gradelink during your online enrollment):
- Scholarship Award Letter
- Payment Plan ACH Authorization Form
- All Report Cards
- Standardized Test Scores
- Health Records, Florida Form DH -680,
- Physical, Florida Form DH-3040
- Birth Certificate
- Behavioral Records
- IEP (including copies of student testing, either from a county psychologist or a private psychologist)
- Certified Copy of Court Orders or Final Judgments Regarding Custody of Student (if applicable)
Once these steps have been completed check our website often for updates and watch for emails with further information regarding uniform vouchers, important dates, etc.
Please feel free to contact the school office at 386-734-7791 at any time for assistance!
Stetson Baptist Christian School
In order to provide a Christ-honoring atmosphere at Stetson Baptist Christian School, the following agreements are set forth for both students and parents. Please read carefully and sign below.
Student Cooperation Agreement
- I commit to strive toward virtuous living in all I do, whether in thought, word or deed, both on campus and off.
- I commit to strive for excellence in all I do as a student, in thought, word, and deed.
- I commit to cooperate obediently and respectfully with all those in authority over me.
- I commit to submit obediently and respectfully to administrative policies of the school, including those of conduct, dress code, internet and social media.
Parent/Guardian Cooperation Agreement
- I commit to support the school with my time, talent, and/or treasure to the best of my ability.
- I commit to support and comply with all pertinent administrative policies of the school, including those of academic standards, discipline, dress code, internet, social media, cultural protocol, and conflict-resolution.
- I commit to take any questions or concerns to the appropriate person, whether it be my child’s teacher or an administrator, according to the Grievance Policy outlined in the Parent-Student Handbook.
- I commit to respect the final professional judgment of the school regarding my child’s grade-level placement and continued enrollment at Stetson Baptist Christian School.
- I commit both to remain in regular and open communication with my child’s teachers and to ensure the formal education begun in the classroom continues in the home, whether as study, homework, or work-ethic formation.
- I commit to bear financial responsibility for any and all damages caused to school property by my child.
- I have read and understand the Tuition and Fees document and agree to pay tuition on the specified dates and to comply with all tuition policies including the policy stating that my child’s records will not be released until all financial obligations are paid in full to Stetson Baptist Christian School.
- I agree to volunteer at least ten (10) hours of service to Stetson Baptist Christian School during the school year or pay $100.00 to the school in lieu of volunteering.
- I agree to notify the school office or my child’s teacher in writing if anyone other that the persons listed on this application will be picking up my child from school.
- I understand the information provided on the Application for Admission, reference forms, and all other documents pertaining to my child’s application will be confidential to the school’s Administrative Team. No one, including my child and our family, will be shown such information unless a member of the Administrative Team chooses to show part or the entire application file to an individual for an official reason.
Statement of Faith
- that the entire Bible, all 66 books of the combined Old and New Testaments, is verbally inspired by God and are inerrant in the original writings. Through the providence of God, the Word of God has been protected and preserved and is the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- GOD: We believe that there is only one true, living, sovereign, holy, and eternally existent God. He exists in three co-equal persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each being a distinct person and with a distinct function, but all of one essence and all possessing the same nature, perfection, and attributes. The triune God is the creator and sustainer of all things, the source of all truth, and is worthy of worship, and obedience (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Genesis 1:31).
- JESUS CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ is God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed many miracles, shed His blood on the cross as a vicarious substitute, was buried, bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return literally, visibly, and personally in glory and power (John 1:1-3, 14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-9; Colossians 1:15; I Corinthians 15:1-8; Acts 1:11).
- HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is God, co-equal and co-existent with the Father and the Son. He is the chief convictor of sin and the chief agent of regeneration and sanctification. The Holy Spirit indwells every believer and empowers every believer to live a godly life (John 14:16-19; 16:7-15; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 8:9, 11; Titus 3:5).
- MANKIND: We believe that in the beginning God created mankind in His image and is not in any sense the product of evolution. Mankind was originally created with the ability to live perfectly for God’s glory (Genesis 1:27, 31).
- SIN: We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by disobedience. This act resulted in the fall of all mankind; therefore all people have sinned and lost their ability to live for the glory of God. Mankind’s fall has incurred both physical and spiritual death on all until there is forgiveness and salvation by the grace of God (Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:10-23; 5:12-21: 5:23).
- SALVATION: We believe the salvation of lost and sinful mankind is a free gift of God’s grace apart from human works, based solely upon Christ’s vicarious and atoning death, effected by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, and received only through faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-10; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- THE CHURCH: We believe that the church is the body of Christ and the family of God. It is made up of saved believers who regularly join together on the Lord’s Day for worship, fellowship, and ministry (Matthew 16:18; II Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25).
- EVANGELISM: We believe that it is the responsibility and privilege of every Christian to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and to seek to make growing disciples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8).
10. THE HOME: In addition to these important beliefs, we also believe that God has given the parents and the home the responsibility to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4; Proverbs 22:6). We believe that a consistent and whole education will occur when the home, church, and school work closely together and are in agreement on the basic concepts of life.
Stetson Baptist Christian School is committed to welcoming students of all races, colors, and national ethnic origins. SBCS employees and students shall conduct themselves in keeping with this policy. No employee or student shall undertake, participate in, or support any action, verbal or otherwise, which is intended to harm, injure, harass, or insult any other student on the grounds of race, color, or national or ethnic origin. Students violating this policy shall be subject to appropriate discipline, and repetitious violations of such policy shall be grounds for dismissal from SBCS without refund of fees.
SBCS serves children on all academic levels. However, our program is not specialized for students diagnosed with academic, social, emotional, or spiritual challenges. Children with such challenges may be better-served by attending a school specially equipped to handle such challenges.
Stetson Baptist Christian School reserves the right to deny admission or dismiss any student whose family chooses a lifestyle that is openly inconsistent with the teachings and beliefs of the Holy Bible as interpreted by Stetson Baptist Church. For example, a student may be denied enrollment (or dismissed) if the atmosphere, support or conduct within a particular home is counter to, – or in opposition to- the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, persistent criminal behaviors, drug or alcohol abuse, sexual immorality, homosexual orientation, cohabitating without marriage, or any other inability or unwillingness to support the moral principles of the school. In such cases, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
Stetson Baptist Christian School reserves the right to deny admission or dismiss any student who does not meet the established academic and/or behavioral requirements. A willingness to cooperate with SBCS administration, and to abide by the policies as set up by the School Board of the school, are a predicate to all admissions to-and retention by-SBCS.
Should a student withdraw from SBCS prior to the end of the school year, one month’s tuition will be charged as a withdrawal fee.
PARENT DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
I have supplied Stetson Baptist Christian School with all academic, physical, physiological, and emotional information available or known as regards my child and certify that it is true and accurate. I understand that failure to disclose any and all pertinent information regarding my child will result in a fine and/or expulsion from Stetson Baptist Christian School.
I/we hereby release Stetson Baptist Christian School from any liability for injury or damage resulting from emergency treatment of my child.
It is understood that the school will follow these procedures:
- Administer minor first aid treatment by a qualified person (one who holds a first aid certificate from the American Red Cross).
- If this is not judged to be adequate, parents/guardians will be contacted immediately. If parents/guardians cannot be reached immediately, the person the parents/guardians have named or the student’s doctor will be contacted.
- The school has the right to take the student to the Emergency Room, without prior parent/guardian notification, when it is judged necessary for safety and treatment of the student. Parents/guardians will be notified.